What to Do

Home » What to Do

The passing of a loved one is a difficult and confusing event. We at Stan Crapp Funerals understand that.

The first step which we recommend is that you contact us at Stan Crapp Funerals and we will do our utmost to care for both you and your loved one.

Regardless of when you need us, we are available 7 days per week and 24 hours, so please don’t hesitate.

Contact Stan Crapp Funerals

We will Guide and Assist you in any Situation

What to Do When Someone Passes Away:

In a Hospital

In the case of a hospital death, contact us and we will liaise with the hospital. In this situation, your loved one will be transferred into our care after a Cause of Death Certificate has been issued.


In a Nursing Home

Please ask the staff of the Nursing home to inform Stan Crapp Funerals of the passing and we will arrange for the transfer of your loved one into our care.



Should this happen, contact Stan Crapp Funerals so that we can assist in the repatriation of your loved one into our care. We can assist you in contacting the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Their page outlines the steps you need to take and the assistance you will receive from the Australian Government.

The staff of Stan Crapp Funerals are also available 24/7 to assist you with any questions that you have.

At Home

If your loved one has been under the care of a doctor for the previous three months you must contact the doctor. Here you can view a list of local Kiama doctors and their contact information. Then you can contact us and we will arrange transferal into our care. In this case, you are not required to transfer their care immediately. It is up to you when this happens and you can spend time with your loved one, after a doctor issues a Medical Cause of Death Certificate.

If your loved one has not been in the regular care of a doctor for 3 months, then please phone 000 and ask for an ambulance. From there you can contact us.


Unexpected or Sudden Death

In the event of an unexpected death, call 000 and request both an Ambulance and Police. The Police will arrange for a government appointed undertaker to transport your loved one and they will be cared for by the Coroner.

You are free to request that Stan Crapp Funerals become involved and we will liaise with the Coroner on your behalf.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *